Search Availability
Advanced Search

Deed Name Change Process

Below is an explanation for changing the name on your deed, whether from a divorce, marriage, adding kids, death or sale.  We cannot complete this process for you since we are not a licensed attorney.

Below are some options for changing the name on your deed:

1.  We work with a local attorney in Breckenridge that can handle the whole process for you at a nominal fee.  Daniel Teodoru at West, Brown, Huntley and Hunter, PC.    970-453-2901 or

1.  You can do this yourself by preparing a Quit Claim Deed.  You can go to google and search Colorado Quit Claim Deed form and download the document.     You will then need to work with the Town of Breckenridge to pay the 1% transfer tax or have it waived if circumstances permit.  Record the document with the Summit County Clerk and Recorder and return the recorded documents to Valdoro Mountain Lodge and Hilton Grand Vacations Club.   You also need to contact Hilton Grand Vacations Club to let them know about the change at 800-932-4482.      This is quite a lengthy process and requires a lot of interaction with the Town of Breckenridge and Summit County Clerk.    We can provide you with the legal description of your ownership or you can find this information in your Valdoro Mountain Lodge contract paperwork.   You will need the legal description which can be found on your Special Warranty Deed.  

Summit County Clerk and Recorder  970-453-3475

Physical Address:   208 Lincoln Avenue, Breckenridge, CO

Mailing Address:   P.O. Box 1538, Breckenridge, CO 80424

Town of Breckenride  970-453-2251

Physical Address:   150 Ski Hill Road, Breckenrdige, CO

Mailing Address:    P.O. Box 168, Breckenridge, CO 80424

Hilton Grand Vacations Club   800-932-4482

Valdoro Mountain Lodge   970-453-4880

Mailing Address:   P.O. Box 7457, Breckenridge, CO 80424

Regardless of who processes the Quit Claim Deed, there is a fee with HGVC to change the name on the ownership.   Please call HGVC about ownership name changes or additional information at 800-932-4482.